[POLL] Will it be ok to allow HABIT property inheritance? (optionally) (

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: [POLL] Will it be ok to allow HABIT property inheritance? (optionally) (was: [BUG] org-habit does not respect STYLE property inheritance)
Date: Thu, 04 May 2023 09:53:19 +0000

Дмитрий Логвиненко <dmlogv@gmail.com> writes:

> I've noticed that org-habits does not take an inherited STYLE property
> when it searches entries.
>     ;; Proposed
>     (defun org-is-habit-p (&optional pom)
>       "Is the task at POM or point a habit?"
>       (string= "habit" (org-entry-get (or pom (point)) "STYLE" 'selective)))

I am not sure if it should be considered a bug.
Currently, sub-tasks under habits are not considered habits.

With your patch, they might be, if a user have customized
`org-use-property-inheritance' to t. (Of course, if user added "STYLE"
there, it is on purpose, and there is no problem).

I am generally in favour of allowing STYLE to be inherited, but it is
technically a breaking change, as I described.

Let's see if anyone voices against this change.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,