[POLL] Add command names to key bindings in Org Guide? (was: Suggestion:

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: [POLL] Add command names to key bindings in Org Guide? (was: Suggestion: for each listed keybinding, also name the command)
Date: Fri, 05 May 2023 11:01:35 +0000

Yuval Langer <yuval.langer@gmail.com> writes:

> For many commands, I find it helpful to first learn their names before
> learning their keybindings. The org-mode guide does not include
> command names.
>
> I want to add command names into the org-mode guide. I have attached
> an example of such an addition.

Will it be useful?

Technically, adding the command name will increase the Org Guide size,
which is a bit against its idea of compactness.

On the other hand, new users may benefit from seeing the command names
alongside with the bindings, especially users of pre-packages Emacs
where the bindings may be shadowed by evil-mode and the likes.

WDYT?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,