[FR] Enhancing footnote managment (via indirect buffer)?

From: Andrea Lazzarini
Subject: [FR] Enhancing footnote managment (via indirect buffer)?
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 11:30:52 +0200

I am writing to you because I have recently published a simple package called
org-footnote-assistant [https://github.com/lazzalazza/org-footnote-assistant],
which aims at improving the overall functionality and user experience of
footnotes
within Org Mode.

The current management of footnotes has certain limitations that can sometimes
hinder the overall user experience. One major limitation is the limited inline
viewing of footnotes, which makes it challenging to review and modify footnote
content precisely and without disrupting the workflow.

Org-footnote-assistant addresses the limitations of inline viewing of footnotes
by using an indirect buffer.The package also provides commands for easy
navigation between footnote references, enabling quick jumps to the next or
previous reference.

On Reddit I have been encouraged to seek your feedback and explore the
possibility of integrating some of these features upstream to prevent bitrot and
ensure wider accessibility, and I am of course open to any suggestion or input.

Best,

Andrea Lazzarini
GitHub: lazzalazza