Re: Unable to install from elpa

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Unable to install from elpa
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 08:23:44 +0000

> I have realized that the command is specified in the README.org file, so
> it is mentioned twice on https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/org.html

> However prior to Emacs-29.1 built-in packages are filtered-out from
> completion list and ignored by non-interactive command

> Should `list-packages' recipe be used in the README.org file instead?

The first instance of M-x package-install <RET> org <RET> comes from
ELPA itself. Considering that ELPA is targeting various Emacs versions,
it should probably be corrected there first.

The second instance in README.org may then be altered according to what
ELPA devs do.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,