Re: [FR] Please add environment variable substitution in `org-display-in

From: Ruijie Yu
Subject: Re: [FR] Please add environment variable substitution in `org-display-inline-images'
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 22:21:29 +0800

Pan Xie <xiepan@skyguard.com.cn> writes:

> So my proposal of the code change would be (find "pxie" in the codes):

Thanks for proposing a change.  It would be best if you produced a patch
file from this :) But someone with a bit more free time could do that as
well.

This is just FYI, and by no means a big deal, but it would become a huge
burden for the maintainers to apply the proposed changes if the
changeset becomes larger.

For future reference, I'm talking about something like this (assuming
you have git and a shell supporting IO redirect):

    $ git diff this-file.el > something.diff

, or even better:

    $ git commit -m commit-message...
    $ git format-patch ...

In either case, you would attach the generated file in your message.

See also https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html for details.

--
Best,

RY