Re: HTML export meta tag

From: Scott Randby
Subject: Re: HTML export meta tag
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 14:19:47 -0400

On 5/29/23 14:07, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Scott Randby <srandby@gmail.com> writes:

This did not happen when I used Org 9.4.6:

I wouldn't care about this change, but when I validate the page code
(https://validator.w3.org/) I get the following: "Info: Trailing slash on void
elements has no effect and interacts badly with unquoted attribute values."

Timothy, may you take a look?

Just to give some support to my request, the HTML standard
(https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/syntax.html#start-tags) says this: "Then, if
the element is one of the void elements, or if the element is a foreign element, then
there may be a single U+002F SOLIDUS character (/), which on foreign elements marks the
start tag as self-closing. On void elements, it does not mark the start tag as
self-closing but instead is unnecessary and has no effect of any kind. For such void
elements, it should be used only with caution — especially since, if directly preceded by
an unquoted attribute value, it becomes part of the attribute value rather than being
discarded by the parser."

Scott