Re: [ANN] lisp/ob-tangle-sync.el

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [ANN] lisp/ob-tangle-sync.el
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2023 19:51:07 +0000

Mehmet Tekman <mtekman89@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello, I'm a bit overworked at the moment, sorry for the delay in
> response.

No worries. We are not in hurry. Take your time as needed and comfortable.

>> We may have to use the approach employed for :results header argument
>> where in addition to (:results . "string value"), we have
>> (:result-params "sub-value" "sub-value" ...).
>
> Isn't this similar to my `:tangle-sync' parameter, i.e, completely separate
> from the `:tangle' header itself but complementary to it?

No. :result-params is not an actual header argument. It is
implementation detail - parsing :results header arg internally produces
(:results . "all the values concatenated") and _also_ (:result-params
"val 1" "val 2" ...).

> Why can't we just go back to that?

We can. I did not expect that we would need to go this far into the
rabbit hole. Although, I still think that unifying header argument
parsing is something worth doing, even if I need to implement it myself.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,