Re: Or probably just fix the org-ctags hook functions?

From: Jens Schmidt
Subject: Re: Or probably just fix the org-ctags hook functions?
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 00:43:47 +0200

On 2023-08-11  23:48, Ihor Radchenko wrote:

- If you run into this issue, the real pain is to understand what's
    going on, since org-ctags might get loaded in surprising ways.  So
    probably we should make that easier.

The quick fix is unsetting `help-enable-completion-autoload'.

Unfortunately, that isn't easy to understand, either.

And I do not think that we should be in rush pushing workarounds -
org-ctags has been around for a long time in its existing state.
I'd prefer to first figure out the general policy for such situations.

Right, but even though org-ctags has been stable, something else *has*
changed that let's this issue pop up now.  For Nick it seems to be the
Emacs version, for me I'm pretty sure the recent upgrade from Org 9.5 to
9.6 in Debian testing, with Emacs unchanged on version 28.

Anyway, probably let's just wait whether more complaints on that will
come in.