Re: Or probably just fix the org-ctags hook functions?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: Or probably just fix the org-ctags hook functions?
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 15:56:13 -0400

Jens Schmidt <jschmidt4gnu@vodafonemail.de> writes:

> On 2023-08-08  10:48, Ihor Radchenko wrote:

> Probably the problem is not the side-effects done by loading
> =org-ctags=, but rather that these hook function from =org-ctags= try
> to do their job when the environment is not really ready for them,
> i.e. when there is no known tag file around.

I disagree: the changes are done behind my back in an (almost)
invisible manner and leave me surprised and mystified. Even if there
was a TAGS file around, having links behave differently from one
moment to the next, when the only thing I did in-between was ask for
help on a completely unrelated Org mode function, is a nasty surprise.

--
Nick