Re: [MAINTENANCE] Org orphanage?

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: [MAINTENANCE] Org orphanage?
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 23:32:01 +1000

https://github.com/flexibeast/org-vcard page explicitly says that it is looking for a new maintainer at least since 9 months ago. (The author is
in CC for this thread)

Indeed, and i've been actively following this discussion. :-)

i've only had one bite, in private, and that was from someone who wasn't particularly familiar with either Lisps or vCard, but who was offering to pitch in alongside me. i explained that it's not that i need an assistant, it's that i need a replacement, as i can no longer be a maintainer. (i've got so much on my life plate that i'm trying to wind back my volunteer ICT commitments to a relatively small core, including my man page ports, and random straightforward contributions involving few to no hoops.) The person felt they were not suitable for such a role.

Also, as a general note, i'm actually no longer using Org for contacts management, so i'm not even dogfooding org-vcard anymore.

Alexis.