Re: [BUG] WORG example for ob-lilypond is no longer working as described

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: [BUG] WORG example for ob-lilypond is no longer working as described (was: Moving some lisp/ob-*.el files to org-contrib - your advice?)
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 15:46:07 +0200

Jonathan Gregory <jgrg@autistici.org> writes:

> On 20 Aug 2023, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
>
>> Jonathan Gregory <jgrg@autistici.org> writes:
>>
>>> ob-doc-lilypond.html looks good, but I changed lilypond.org in:
>>>
>>> https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/worg/commit/6b9da77c8078be183971575fdc79d402bf6184c2
>>
>>> -  b c d e
>>> +  b4 c d e
>>
>> Is there any specific reason for this change?
>
> This is to ensure that the notes use the correct duration in
> arrange-mode. 4 is the default duration and is carried over until
> a new value is added, in this case c1. 1 is then carried over
> making all subsequent "e"s have a value of 1, which is incorrect.

This looks safe to me. Omitting the duration in the next line is a
mistake I made a few times, so I think it’s a good change to have.

Could you add a comment before the prologue-line
#+PROPERTY: header-args:lilypond :prologue (org-babel-ref-resolve "settings[]")
that this uses the source-block named settings?

Calling org-babel-ref-resolve directly there is something I have not
seen before so I think it won’t be obvious from the documentation.

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein