Re: [POLL] Should we accept breaking changes to get rid of Org libraries

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [POLL] Should we accept breaking changes to get rid of Org libraries that perform side effects when loading?
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 12:30:18 +0000

"Fraga, Eric" <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

>> My personal use case is when using Org for authoring long texts.
>> I often leave inline tasks around the specific paragraph I need to
>> revise in future:
>
> For completeness, I will add that I do the same but using drawers at the
> point where I want to note a task, where the drawer is ~:todo:~.  I then
> have some special formatting for LaTeX export that converts such drawers
> into footnotes with a note in the margin.

That will indeed work. But then the todo will not appear in agenda.

I think that a combination of drawers/special blocks + ability to assign
todos/tags to paragraphs/tables/drawers/etc may give people what they
usually need when using inlinetasks.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,