[BUG] URI handling is overly complicated and nonstandard [9.6.7 (N/A @ /

From: Csepp
Subject: [BUG] URI handling is overly complicated and nonstandard [9.6.7 (N/A @ /gnu/store/mg7223g8mw90lccp6mm5g6f3mpjk70si-emacs-org-9.6.7/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-9.6.7/)]
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 17:25:19 +0200

I'm trying to include a tel: link in a curriculum vitae page that I want
to export to HTML.  Org-Mode fails during export because it thinks that
tel:+1234 is an internal link.  There seems to be no easy way to tell it
to just treat it the same way it would treat an HTTP link and include it
verbatim.  There does seem to be a way to do some Elisp scripting, but
it's honestly really annoying to do this for every protocol type.

Please, just let users include URLs in their docs.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.37,
cairo version 1.16.0)
Package: Org mode version 9.6.7 (N/A @
/gnu/store/mg7223g8mw90lccp6mm5g6f3mpjk70si-emacs-org-9.6.7/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-9.6.7/)