Re: How to solve "Warning (emacs): Please update the LaTeX src-block-bac

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: How to solve "Warning (emacs): Please update the LaTeX src-block-backend to listings"
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2023 08:10:18 -0000

Guillaume MULLER <guillaume.muller@emse.fr> writes:

> - Would be great to be able to set this parameter per org buffer/file, e.g.
> with a #+ (#+OPTIONS?) command. Indeed, using the defaults is OK most of the
> time for most of the users. I only need this trick when I want to force
> lstlistings, and I only need to force lstlistings when I want to insert a
> LaTeX inside a src block (it might be possible with other backends, but I
> don't know how to do it with the other backends, and I can look for
> documentations as I don't know which is the default backend)

The default backend is verbatim.
You can already set the backend on per-file basis using file-local
variables or #+BIND keywords.

We might add a dedicated Org keyword like #+LATEX_SRC_BLOCK_BACKEND though.

> - It would be great to add this "trick" (on how to change the backend) in the
> Docs (e.g. the page I cited in my previous email)

> - In the docs, it would also be great to tell what is the default backend (as
> I thought it was lstlisting and it is clearly not + the message I cited made
> me think it has changed recently)

Already done in on the development branch. orgmode.org will update the
manual after the next minor release.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=a144b2355

> - Finally, when the error is raised, (Doom)Emacs goes definitively berzerck:
> every time I try to save the/any buffer with C-x C-s "save-buffer", it asks
> for the name to save to and for a confirmation for overwriting the selected
> file when I select the same filename as the one that was initially opened. So
> there might be something that is not restored correctly after the error is
> rasied?

What do you mean by error? What you described is a warning, not an
error. And it should have 0 effect except displaying a buffer with that warning.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,