Re: Is there a size limit to org files?

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Is there a size limit to org files?
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 10:35:08 +0700

On 08/09/2023 23:52, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Carlo Tambuatco writes:

I noticed that an org file I was using for my capture templates was getting
quite large
and that my capture templates that were pasting TODO entries in that file
were starting to exhibit
strange behavior. Mostly just getting stuck at a mysterious "clipboard
pasted to level 2 subtree"
message, then it would just hang there until I hit ctrl g.

That could be a bug, but it is impossible to fix it without knowing more
details.

Looks like a follow-up of
https://list.orgmode.org/CAJb92ExdvB7FMkSnmZAFTs4AuSZHBp5Rj4bK-4EWAGAbAGgC=g@mail.gmail.com/
Carlo Tambuatco. [BUG] Org-9.6.x org templates hang on 'clipboard pasted as level 2 subtree'... Mon, 3 Apr 2023 15:53:22 -0400

Certainly a way to reproduce the issue or detailed enough stack traces are required.

Have you tried to run `org-lint'?

I have seen a couple of times emacs consuming 100% CPU and not reacting to C-g, but in that cases I was not ready to debug these issues. Almost certainly it was unrelated to capture a clipboard, more likely incremental search or a wrong key while calling it.