How to hide square brackets around [[url][links]]?

From: William Denton
Subject: How to hide square brackets around [[url][links]]?
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 12:07:29 -0400 (EDT)

A fix by Ihor a few weeks ago solved a problem ("org-cycle does not unfold some subtrees") but I think there's still a related little bug with searching, perhaps just with Swiper, that I can't replicate but am watching.

Sometimes when searching with Swiper, the display of (some) links is changed and instead of seeing the anchor text formatted as a link I see the full raw [[URL][anchor text]].

How can I make this go back to showing just the anchor text? I've tried toggling visible-mode and using org-toggle-link-display but neither work, so I have to C-x C-v and reload the file. Should these commands be reformatting all the links in the buffer, and the fact they don't work is a sign of the bug?

Bill

--
William Denton
https://www.miskatonic.org/