Re: Sanskrit/Devanagari fonts not exported to org-pdf output

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Sanskrit/Devanagari fonts not exported to org-pdf output
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 21:19:21 +0000

Zenny writes:

> I also tried with:
>
>     (setq org-latex-pdf-process
>           (if (executable-find "latexmk")
>               '("latexmk -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o
>     %f")
>              "bibtex %b"
>          '("%latex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
>           "%latex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
>           "%latex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"))

I think the expression is bad formed; In addition, latexmk is already
responsible for executing bibtex or biber and other processes that
require more than one compilation. The right thing would be:

(setq org-latex-pdf-process (if (executable-find "latexmk")
                                '("latexmk -f -pdf -%latex
-interaction=nonstopmode -output-directory=%o %f")
                              '("%latex -interaction nonstopmode
-output-directory %o %f"
                                "%latex -interaction nonstopmode
-output-directory %o %f"
                                "%latex -interaction nonstopmode
                                -output-directory %o %f")))

(or just remove the customization of that variable from your init).

And then put in your document:

#+LATEX_COMPILER: lualatex (or pdflatex or xelatex)

This keyword modifies the value of org-latex-compiler in the document.
If you are going to use lualatex more often, you can put in your init:

(setq org-latex-compiler "lualatex")

Best regards,

Juan Manuel

--