Re: [FR] A more general case than footnotes

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [FR] A more general case than footnotes
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2023 13:21:25 +0000

Maske <maske1foro@gmail.com> writes:

> The headings could be in different files, yes.
>
> AFAIK, citations don't link two exact points. Footnotes do.

Do you mean that you also want to jump back-and-forth between footnote
definition in the another file and its footnote references?

See https://orgmode.org/manual/Include-Files.html

> I really think footnotes would be a particular case of this option.
>
> ** Reference in file A
> :PROPERTIES:
> :ID:       978-84-362-7195-9
> :END:

> A “comment line” starts with a hash character (#)
> *[n:102@978-84-362-7195-9]* and either a whitespace character or the
> immediate end of the line.
>

> ** Notes in file B
>
> *[n:102@978-84-362-7195-9]* The hash character is important in orgmode.

May you explain the purpose of @978-84-... part?
You seem to assume that a footnote always has a single reference,
which may or may not be the case in practice.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,