Re: org beamer strange behaviour

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org beamer strange behaviour
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 11:35:30 +0000

Guillaume MULLER <guillaume.muller@emse.fr> writes:

> Running it, I got these "errors":
>     221 low   Unknown source block language: 'latex'
>     252 low   Unknown source block language: 'bibtex'
>     268 low   Unknown source block language: 'latex'
>     282 low   Unknown source block language: 'sh'
>     329 low   Unknown source block language: 'bibtex'
>     434 low   Unknown source block language: 'latex'
>
> ...which is very strange as I have the following lines in my config.org file:
>
>    ;; sh code in org-mode!
>    (setq org-babel-sh-command "bash")
>    (org-babel-do-load-languages
>     'org-babel-load-languages
>     '((shell . t))) ; this line activates Bash
>
>    ;; LaTeX code in org-mode!
>    (org-babel-do-load-languages
>     'org-babel-load-languages
>     '((latex . t))) ; this line activates LaTeX

`org-babel-do-load-languages' also unloads everything not listed in the
second argument. So, your config first loads shell and then unloads it,
while loading latex. Possibly, you also have yet another call that will
load something else, unloading latex.

> I also define lstlisting "keywords" for bibtex in the header (taken from some
> StackOverflow thread; removing it does not change anything):
>
> #+BEAMER_HEADER: \def\BibTeX{Bib\TeX{}}
> #+BEAMER_HEADER:\lstdefinelanguage{BibTeX}
> #+BEAMER_HEADER: {keywords={%
> #+BEAMER_HEADER:
> @article,@book,@collectedbook,@conference,@electronic,@ieeetranbstctl,%
> #+BEAMER_HEADER:
> @inbook,@incollectedbook,@incollection,@injournal,@inproceedings,%
> #+BEAMER_HEADER:
> @manual,@mastersthesis,@misc,@patent,@periodical,@phdthesis,@preamble,%
> #+BEAMER_HEADER:      @proceedings,@standard,@string,@techreport,@unpublished%
> #+BEAMER_HEADER:      },
> #+BEAMER_HEADER:   comment=[l][\itshape]{@comment},
> #+BEAMER_HEADER:   sensitive=false,
> #+BEAMER_HEADER: }
>
> And org is supposed to use lstlisting to render the blocks (also in my
> config.org):
> (after! org
>    (setq org-latex-src-block-backend 'listings) ;; not always the best
> choice, but prevent DoomEmacs to go Berzerck (ask file to save to everytime)
> when using lstlistings-specific commands in org/beamer files
>    ;;(setq org-export-allow-bind-keywords 1) ;; allows binding of emacs/lisp
> vars directly in .org files VERY INSECURE!!!
> )

Then, you can ignore this particular warning. Note that you will not be
able to execute "bibtex" blocks though - Org does not know how, which is
what the warning is about.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,