Re: [BUG] ox-latex does not read EXPORT_LATEX_CLASS property from subtre

From: Pedro Prieto Alarcón
Subject: Re: [BUG] ox-latex does not read EXPORT_LATEX_CLASS property from subtree [9.6.6 (release_9.6.6 @ /usr/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/org/)]
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 18:18:50 +0200

Yeah, I learned it later. Sorry, and thanks for your answer!

Best,

Pedro Prieto

El mar, 10 oct 2023 17:57, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> escribió:
Pedro Prieto Alarcón <pedpral@gmail.com> writes:

> I can't make ox-latex use a different class for a subtree using
> EXPORT_LATEX_CLASS, as stated in the docs:
> https://orgmode.org/manual/LaTeX-header-and-sectioning.html
>
> I am trying to change a specific subtree to a different layout (using
> tcolorbox) than the one provided in the main document class (sections)

I am not sure if Latex class is what you want. LATEX_CLASS defines how
Org parses the document structure and what to put into \documentclass -
it is defined once at the beginning of export. When you set
EXPORT_LATEX_CLASS for a subtree, it will be used when you export that
subtree as a separate document.

If you want to change the latex environment used during export, I
recommend using special block instead.

Not a bug.
Canceled.

--