Re: Event management

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Event management
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 12:54:59 +0000

Rainer Hansen <rainer.hansen@gmx.net> writes:

> The event is managed via LinkedIn:
> https://www.linkedin.com/events/communicatesuccessfullyininterv7115081313199509504/
>
> but it is difficult to keep track of who has recently signed-up in
> LinkedIn. I can only see the complete list of people having
> signed-up. Therefore I use Firefox and the extension Copy as Org-Mode to
> copy the participant lists into Org Mode manually. In Org Mode I can
> finally sort them after I have done a lot of manual cleaning ... Then I
> can track in Org Mode to whom I have sent a reminder or a question and
> if I have got feedback.

In the absence of an API, the best I can see you can do is automating
the cleanup. Either using text manipulation in Elisp or some kind of
HTML parsing library (for example, see
https://github.com/yantar92/org-capture-ref/blob/master/org-capture-ref.el#L1026
where I extract some metadata from various HTML pages).

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,