Re: Exporting elisp: and shell: links

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Exporting elisp: and shell: links
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 17:20:42 +0700

On 12/10/2023 18:35, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Max Nikulin writes:

I like more how ox-ascii (without the
proposed diff) handles the situation via footnote-like link.

That is why I believe that extracting fragments of code into helper
functions is important. If ox-ascii.el had a function that adds an item
to link list then ol.el would use it to add src_elisp elements to this list.

May you elaborate? I am not talking about implementation details, but
about the reasonable defaults for the export. Not necessary ASCII, but
other backends as well.
I am rather skeptical concerning a variant that is pleasant to read in all cases. That is why I suggest to provide tools that allow to customize export accordingly their writing styles.

ASCII is a special case since it uses end note style to present link targets.

Whether code is added before link description or after it, either parenthesis are used or not, the following functions may be convenient for Org and for users:
- export argument as inline source block
- add an item to ASCII list of links