Re: [FR] org-num-mode inverse defaults

From: Maske
Subject: Re: [FR] org-num-mode inverse defaults
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 20:39:14 +0200

Hi Ihor

I added: (setq org-global-properties '(("UNNUMBERED" . "t")))

But it doesn't work, every headline is numbered. (Not tried in emacs -q).

Bests

On 15/10/2023 14:40, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Maske <maske1foro@gmail.com> writes:

 From the first day, I liked org-num-mode, but I think that its default
which numbers all headlines could be problematic.

Right now it only has the options to exclude headlines from being
numbered, so it could be necessary to modify a big amount of headlines,
for numbering just a tree.

I think it would be helpful to have a "positive" way to numbering
headlines, for example "NUMBERED" keyword, while all the other headlines
stay unnumbered.
You can simply set UNNUMBERED property to t for the whole document via
#+PROPERTY keyword or by customizing `org-global-properties'. Then, the
headings that should be numbered should have their UNNUMBERED set to nil.