Re: Case insensitivity of simple [[links]]

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: Case insensitivity of simple [[links]]
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 22:28:24 +0200

> Note that there is generally no guarantee that [[name]] link will be
> exported as "name" by any particular backend. Your workaround with
> num:nil is just a workaround that may or may not work in future.

I did not know this is considered a workaround!  I have always thought
this is how Org is specified to work (as in tests).

> I can see how this can be helpful in certain scenarios.
> I made headline and radio target link matching case-insensitive on main.
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=ed42dc34a
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=ec2399330

Wait, did you just solve my *biggest* problem with Org?  OMG!

One more question before I declare a full victory: I want my notebook to
show literal links by default, but the following does not seem to work:

# -*- fill-column: 79; org-link-descriptive: nil -*-

The line seems to confuse Org in that not only it shows descriptive
links but the first call to 'org-toggle-link-display' does nothing.

Rudy
--
"'Obvious' is all too often a synonym for 'wrong'."
-- Jeff Erickson, Algorithms, 2019

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava