Re: Escape :end: inside #+begin_example

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Escape :end: inside #+begin_example
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 08:31:07 +0000

> is there a way to quote a drawer inside a literal example that resides
> in another drawer? Leading comma ",:end:", unlike for ",* Heading" or
> ",#+end_src", is not stripped on export or C-c ' (`org-edit-special')
>
> :drawer:
> #+begin_src elisp
>    ":src:
>    %s
>    :end:
>    "
> #+end_src
> :end:

AFAIK, no. We should fix this.

>From a quick glance, we need to update
`org-element--unescape-substring', `org-escape-code-in-region',
`org-escape-code-in-string', `org-unescape-code-in-region', and
`org-unescape-code-in-string'.
Also, the manual, and org-syntax document.

I see no obvious downside in additional escaping, except lesser blocks
with ,:... lines.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,