Feature request: IDs for everything

From: Tor Erlend Fjelde
Subject: Feature request: IDs for everything
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 20:12:41 +0100

Hi all,

I was wondering if there's a reason why we couldn't have IDs a la org-id.el for
everything?
It seem to me that it would be useful to use something like `#+ID` in place of
`#+NAME` for tables, blocks, etc. as well as headlines.
Would this go against the intended design of org-id.el, or is this a change
that would be welcome but that no one has gotten around to implementing yet?

Also, sorry if this is not correct way to go about this; it's my first time
posting to a mailing list. Let me know if there are some guidelines or
something somewhere that I should read and make use of.

All the best,
Tor