Re: No-description <<target>> links

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: No-description <<target>> links
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 08:28:28 +0000

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> writes:

> Consider the sentence
>
>   "This is a [[link]]."
>
> in a document with a "<<link>>" target.
>
> Org exports the sentence to HTML as
>
>   "This is a No description for this link."
>
> and to PDF as
>
>   "This is a ."

Confirmed.

> How about we export it as
>
>   "This is a link."
>
> where the word "link" is the actual link?
>
> WDYT?

I think that we may need to introduce a customization for default link
description. Some backends hard-code the default description to
something non-trivial and some just use arbitrary fallback like ???
(ox-ascii), "No description" (ox-html), or "" (ox-latex).

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,