Re: No-description <<target>> links

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: No-description <<target>> links
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 23:01:46 +0200

> I think that we may need to introduce a customization for default link
> description. Some backends hard-code the default description to
> something non-trivial and some just use arbitrary fallback like ???
> (ox-ascii), "No description" (ox-html), or "" (ox-latex).

I wonder, why not export [[link]] to <<link>> as "link" by default, if
no description is given, as is the case with URLs, Elisp, and the like?
And if that is not desirable, would the new customization allow for
doing that?

I am asking the second question because I am still hoping to solve my
problem with the impracticality of [[Literal link][literal link]]s in
densely linked text, as explained in my other thread.  If Org could
export [[link]] to <<link>> as "link", and offered a STARTUP for literal
links, then that would fix my problem for good.

Thank you!

Rudy
--
"Simplicity is complexity resolved."