Re: Issue with org-persist and Tramp

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Issue with org-persist and Tramp
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 12:17:32 +0000

Fabio Natali <me@fabionatali.com> writes:

> On 2023-11-08, 18:01 +0000, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:
>> I see the problem now.
>> Does the attached patch solve the "freeze"?
>
> Hey, thanks for sending this, really appreciate it.
>
> Unfortunately that didn't seem to fix it though. Here's what I did.
>
> - Added `(not (file-remote-p associated))' to the right place
> - Revaluated the function `org-persist--normalize-associated'
> - Tried to close the stale buffer (without repeating the entire
>   workflow, just trying with the buffer from the previous test)
>
> Result: the problem is still there, same backtrace.

Then I need to ask about
tramp-file-name-handler(file-attributes
"/ssh:<remote-machine>:/home/user/test.org")

"/ssh:<remote-machine>:/home/user/test.org" is obfuscated to mask your
personal data, but it apparently fails to be filtered by `file-remote-p'
check. May I know what
   (file-remote-p "/ssh:<remote-machine>:/home/user/test.org")
(with appropriate <remote-machine>) returns on your side?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,