org-capture does not capture from certain pages

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: org-capture does not capture from certain pages
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 21:11:45 -0700

On 11/22/23, Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems neither the org-capture developer nor other disroot users read
> this mailing list since you did not response previous time:
>
> https://list.orgmode.org/CAJcAo8uXpmLMLB0MaHRvJRmNzSzvyzxxXVD_rpPYCmj9xeUY1g@mail.gmail.com/T/#u

ah thank you.  i haev been experiencing cognitive decline.

> Fri, 6 Oct 2023 16:43:46 -0700
>
> The following add-on is not suitable for you, but it tries to get
> metadata for web pages more aggressively:
> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/linkremark/
> Can it get details you need when called through the toolbar icon or
> through context menu for selected text? It should open a "preview" tab
> with obtained page info.

will do when i am able to ensure i am doing it right.  hafve installed
the extension.  need to test this on disroot.

btw checking also i found that there is a url for mobile inbox view.
idk if it is going to go away like html view.  it does use js
unfortunately. so it might be a replacement for html view.  it has
intelligent horizontal space for y fonts.  low contrast unfortuately.

in /this/ view, text selection /does/ capture.  however, unfortunately
the title of the url does not includ the subject,

so a different org-capture problem.  will look at the disroot one when
i can.  and try it for this view also.

if view does not go away it will give me more time to transition to
non-google at least, if the imap idea which is a good idea is too hard
to get working for me.

# the 9... stands for 3 numbers starting with 9.  idk if privacy
issue.  tried searchjig for it and nothing came up but this works
https://mail.google.com/mail/mu/mp/9.../#tl/search/html%20view%20standard

>> i wonder if this is fixable?  disroot uses js.
>
> The link you posted tells that it does not use History API to set URL to
> specific message. It might use an iframe to display current message. The
> question is if it makes message subject available in page metadata.

ok

>> [*] html gmail is horrifyingly going away soon
>
> Try to find a mail application suitable for you (I have not tried Emacs
> built-in ones) and use IMAP to access your mail boxes.

ah good idea, like thunderbird or so i guess?  i am philosophically on
board with gnus or so but i need good mouse support and prefer running
through tor [though perhaps that is a pointless idea] and cannot do
complex configuring so i am guessing no gnus most likely.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com