Re: [BUG] error: Invalid search bound [9.6.11 ( @ /home/nikratio/.emacs.

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] error: Invalid search bound [9.6.11 ( @ /home/nikratio/.emacs.d/elpa/28.2/develop/org-9.6.11/)]
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2023 12:51:04 +0000

"Nikolaus Rath" <nikolaus@rath.org> writes:

>> May you please try the latest bugfix branch and let us know if you are
>> still seeing the warning?
>
> Thanks for the quick response! Could you point me in the direction of how to
> do that? I'm a bit confused by the layering of Emac's builtin-org, the Elpa
> installed one (which I seem to be using) and Spacemacs (whih I think takes
> over management of Emacs packages).
>
> Should it work to clone the git branch and do "(add-to-list 'load-path
> "~/src/org-mode/lisp") or will this result in some terrible mess?

If you are using ELPA-devel, it will be enough to update Org mode.

Otherwise, (add-to-list 'load-path "~/src/org-mode/lisp") should do as
long as you put it early enough in your config, so that built-in Org
version is not yet loaded.
Also, see https://orgmode.org/manual/Installation.html

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,