Re: oeg-add-note and double backslash ?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: oeg-add-note and double backslash ?
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2023 18:27:42 -0800

> David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hmm. glancing through the manual, there is a bit of assumption implicit
>> about the use of '\\'.  We had the problem with Unix Shell scripts that
>> we would need a backslash at the end of a line to prevent the EOL as
>> being interpreted as end-of-input. Depending on the layers of scripting
>> we were using, we added backslashes after the backslash because each
>> layer would peel off a backslash.  This is what I first thought of in
>> reading the manual.
>
> We do document the line breaks in
> https://orgmode.org/manual/Paragraphs.html

The only thing I see with respect to '\\' is:

  Paragraphs are separated by at least one empty line.  If you need to
  enforce a line break within a paragraph, use ‘\\’ at the end of a line.

Which doesn't answer the question of why org-add-note (etc) added it the
end of the first line of a Note which lead to my confusion. It's easy to
assume, if Org is adding '\\' to the first line of the Note and the Note
is a unit, then this is there to prevent folding/wrapping in the Note
when Org does "something" (but what?).

--
David Masterson