Re: Case insensitivity of simple [[links]]

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Case insensitivity of simple [[links]]
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2023 12:17:25 +0000

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> writes:

> Actually, dang!  I spoke too soon.  While links now work consistently
> before and after exports, their description matches the destination
> heading, not the source link.  But if we case-fold now, it would make a
> lot more sense to match the case of the source link, as it enables one
> to link [[capitalized heading]]s.  Otherwise, we case-fold with no
> significant benefits, as far as I can see.
>
> Without also fixing this part, my problem with Org remains. :(

What you want is very hard to implement in Org mode for all the backends
- the export API, when querying a link target, returns that target as
AST element. Individual backends then decide what to do with that target
in order to extract the actual exported link text. And we have no
control over the third-party export backends.

What you may do instead is to create a custom element in
`org-export-filter-parse-tree-functions' that will force description in
the fuzzy links.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,