Re: [FR] Allow flattened imenu index

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: [FR] Allow flattened imenu index
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 23:10:09 +0000

On Mon, Dec 11, 2023 at 7:24 PM Dmitry Gutov <dmitry@gutov.dev> wrote:

> It's no invention, it's docstring syntax for reference to a method.

In Ruby right?

> But if the LS will produce distinct strings, good.

All imenu backends, at least all the ones I've seen, produce
trees, not strings.  If you collect all the paths from the root to
all the nodes into lists and make strings thereof, the resulting
set will always be a distinct strings.  So I don't understand the
problem you were surfacing: any particular imenu backend in mind?

João