Re: Links & images with different attributes in the same paragraph

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Links & images with different attributes in the same paragraph
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 18:50:16 +0700

On 12/12/2023 20:18, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Max Nikulin writes:

It is limitation of top-down parser that object of the same time can not
be nested, so I am unsure if special blocks would be solution in all cases.

Nested objects of the same type are not really a limitation of top-down
parser. It is the syntax of objects that might but does not have to be.
We might come up with a syntax that allow nesting.

I would be glad to learn that I am wrong. The current parser picks first terminating token ignoring other opening tokens in between. The only way I see is unique identifiers for opening and closing tokens to allow match them in pairs. It would be tedious to type and to copy fragments from similar text.

A similar problem is importing and exporting fragments of mail messages having multilevel quotes. #+begin_quote is not enough, it is necessary to use something else for inner citations, e.g. #+begin_quote1.

Moreover I would prefer to have links as links even when they need some special treatment.