Re: Links & images with different attributes in the same paragraph

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Links & images with different attributes in the same paragraph
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 15:06:19 +0700

On 14/12/2023 22:23, Ihor Radchenko wrote:

Not necessarily. The current parser also allows balanced brackets inside
an object.

Thanks, I forgot about it. Balancing of brackets alleviates the issue with nested objects. I am unsure if it is still pure top-down parser, but it does not matter.

@wrap{{outer wrap; @wrap{{inner wrap allowing } as well}}; back}}.

Are you assuming invisible zero-width space as a way to escape literal {{ or }}? I would prefer some visible characters.

As you see, my solution is conceptually similar to #+begin_quote1 idea.

It is better since balanced delimiters make adding unique suffix to #+begin_... and #+end... unnecessary.

What about @wrap[#+attr_html: :alt "Text"]{[[/path/to/image]]}?

Leaving aside precise syntax (that perhaps should be discussed in another thread), it solves the issue.

Do you have any idea how to address the following complain?

https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/875ykwvmz7.fsf@posteo.net
Juan Manuel MacĂ­as. Re: About 'inline special blocks' Sun, 19 Jun 2022 12:47:40 +0000
Bringing that into the paragraph is
unnecessarily overloading the paragraph and breaking the social contract
of lightweight markup, where paragraphs should still look like
paragraphs.

I consider it as a valid point, so I tried to take advantage of noweb features. I am in doubts concerning *evaluation* of expressions in addition to just substitutions. It allows to implement another kind of #+link: macro, but it gives too much power to my taste.