Re: Citations: strip braces {} in titles in bibliographies in basic styl

From: William Denton
Subject: Re: Citations: strip braces {} in titles in bibliographies in basic style?
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 12:12:08 -0500 (EST)

On 13 December 2023, Ihor Radchenko wrote:

This is a more difficult problem actually, because Bibtex allows more
than just curly braces - see https://www.bibtex.org/SpecialSymbols/ and
https://www.bibtex.org/Format/.

I tried to ask for bibtex.el to handle the accurate parsing in
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=57712, but it looks like
it is not of interest upstream. So, we may have to implement a Bibtex
entry parser according to the spec.

Wow, I didn't see any of that when I was looking at this. I should have guessed there was more under the surface---there always is with LaTeX. Thanks for the history.

"If this doesn't fit your needs for org mode, I suggest you develop a LaTeX parser that can process LaTeX code according to your needs." Ah well.

Bill

--
William Denton
https://www.miskatonic.org/