Re: [BUG] org-contrib: org-eldoc has an autload, but is incompatible wit

From: Vladimir Nikishkin
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-contrib: org-eldoc has an autload, but is incompatible with modern emacs. [9.6.8 (release_9.6.8-3-g21171d @ /usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/)]
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 17:27:03 +0800

Vladimir Nikishkin <lockywolf@gmail.com> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:

>>> Yes. With org-eldoc loaded, and having a property '#+date: unpublished'
>>> in an org file, I am having the '*Messages*' buffer filled with
>>> #+begin_src elisp
>>> ⛔ Warning (org-element-cache): org-element--cache: Org parser error in
>>> 2015_Passwords.org.rclignore::53653. Resetting.
>>>  The error was: (error "Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)")
>>>  Backtrace:
>>> "  backtrace-to-string(nil)
>>>   org-element-at-point()
>>
>> This has nothing to do with eldoc.
>> If you can reproduce this problem consistently, may you create a minimal
>> example as described in https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback ?
>
> I found and fixed this problem.
> It was actually unrelated to bare org, it was due to my experiments with
> org-ts-mode. Sorry for the confusion.

So, this might not actually be the case.
I am getting a lot of org-element-cache errors recently, and I don't
seem to be able to find what triggers them to appear.
The error message is always the same,
"Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)"

Any ideas on how to debug this?

--
Your sincerely,
Vladimir Nikishkin (MiEr, lockywolf)