Re: Async Python src block behavior with :dir header property

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Async Python src block behavior with :dir header property
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 11:59:04 +0000

Jack Kamm <jackkamm@gmail.com> writes:

>> Confirmed.
>
> Does the attached patch fix the issue?
>
> It seems the problem is with async sessions generally (not just
> ob-python), and happens because `org-babel-comint-async-filter' does not
> set `default-directory' before calling `org-babel-insert-result', unlike
> `org-babel-execute-src-block'.

The patch generally looks reasonable, although I am slightly concerned
about interaction between :dir and session we describe in the manual:

    When ‘dir’ is used with ‘session’, Org sets the starting directory
    for a new session.  But Org does not alter the directory of an already
    existing session.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,