Re: Async Python src block behavior with :dir header property

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Async Python src block behavior with :dir header property
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2024 14:10:32 +0000

Jack Kamm <jackkamm@gmail.com> writes:

> It's because ob-python starts the session in buffer "*pysession*" (it
> adds earmuffs around the session name when missing). So the following
> doesn't find the inferior Python:

Good point. Some backends indeed do not have comint buffer named the
same as :session name.

What we can do is to introduce a new backend template function
org-babel-session-buffer:<lang> that will be passed a session name and
src block params and return the session buffer name.

If such function is not defined, we fall back to assumption that session
buffer is named the same as the session.

WDYT?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,