Re: [BUG] beamer export

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] beamer export
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 15:04:48 +0000

Leo Butler <Leo.Butler@umanitoba.ca> writes:

>       The docstring of `org-latex-classes' says:
>
>          The HEADER-STRING is the header that will be inserted into the
>          LaTeX file.  It should contain the \documentclass macro, and
>          anything else that is needed for this setup.
>
>       From that, I figured that would be the correct place to put that
>       \newenvironment command. I have moved it, as requested.

Yes, but org-latex-classes is a custom option. If user accidentally
deletes the \newenvironment command, things will not compile.

We generally prefer to keep things that we expect to remain constant out
of customizations.

> Replying to self: Attached is a patch that adds a property,
> BEAMER_FRAME, that lets the frame environment name be set on a
> frame-by-frame basis. In addition, it typesets any fragile frame in the
> `orgframe' environment. I am not sure if the latter is really needed,
> given the former.

Thanks!

> Comments?

I am not a big fan of introducing a new BEAMER_FRAME option.
We already have BEAMER_ENV.

However, BEAMER_ENV is somewhat tricky for frame headings - ox-beamer
allows special values of frame and fullframe (the latter is not fully
documented) to allow frames nesting different from
`org-beamer-frame-level'.

What about not adding BEAMER_FRAME, but instead adding org-lint checker
that will detect when frame text contains the problematic \end{orgframe}?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,