Re: org-icalendar export problems

From: Ypo
Subject: Re: org-icalendar export problems
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 20:38:40 +0100

I got org updated, following Ihor's instructions: Org mode version 9.7-pre (release_N/A-N/A-afc529 @ ./org-9.7pre0.20240130.161905/)

If I were able to fulfill a good process to export from agenda to icalendar, maybe we could share an easy process, useful for a lot of users that miss a good android calendar visualization. Do you think it could be possible to export, in an async way, a calendar file every time when a new timestamp, Schedule or Deadline are added to a buffer? What would happen if an export process is already running and a new timestamp is added? Would it be robust enough or prone to errors? I can see that even if a footnote is not correct, the process seems to be interrupted.

Actual state: when I try to export to icalendar, the behavior is quite confusing:

+ [c] Combine all agenda files: I don't get any ics file. I don't know what is the problem.

+ [a] All agenda files: I get just an ics file. I thought I would get one file for each agenda file.

Best!