Re: [BUG] No result exporting combined org-agenda files to icalendar [9.

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: [BUG] No result exporting combined org-agenda files to icalendar [9.6.15 (release_9.6.15 @ z:/emacs-i686/share/emacs/29.2/lisp/org/)]. It was: org-icalendar export problems
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 14:24:34 +0000

On Saturday,  3 Feb 2024 at 13:13, Ypo wrote:
> I think I will keep waiting till somebody shares an easy and robust
> way to get an .ics calendar from org files.

Not sure what you are expecting but I can show you my (elided) shell
script that generates a single ics file from multiple org files:

DIARY=${HOME}/s/notes/diary
OUTLOOK=${HOME}/s/notes/outlook
emacs -Q --batch --debug-init \
    --load=esf-org.el \
    --visit=${DIARY}.org --eval='(org-icalendar-export-to-ics)' \
    --visit=${OUTLOOK}.org --eval='(org-icalendar-export-to-ics)'
cat ${DIARY}.ics \
    ${OUTLOOK}.ics \
    > /tmp/combined.ics

where esf-org.el has some org customizations and the resulting combined
ics file is in /tmp/combined.ics.

HTH,
eric

--