Re: [RFC] LaTeX - automatically configure encoding when exporting non-La

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
Subject: Re: [RFC] LaTeX - automatically configure encoding when exporting non-Latin languages
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 17:41:56 +0100

Hi,

I’m just trying to cover the “legacy” latex.
I’ve finally migrated to lualatex for my stuff, and it has really been
worthwhile. But who knows what a conference might want me to use ;-P

Differentiating between pdflatex and lualatex was what my last patch was for.

I also sent a PoC for the fontenc stuff a couple of weeks ago. And I was trying
to continue this work and collect info needed for handling fontenc when you
need pdflatex as your latex compiler.

Best, /PA