Re: problems with templates and ID in properties

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: problems with templates and ID in properties
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 16:50:51 +0000

Uwe Brauer via "General discussions about Org-mode."
<emacs-orgmode@gnu.org> writes:

>> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>
> Thanks for you answer
>> This is expected. As per `org-capture-templates' docstring, "entry"
>> capture type inserts top-level entries into files:
>
>>                entry       an Org node, with a headline.  Will be filed
>>                            as the child of the target entry or as a
>>                            top-level entry.  Its default template is:
>>                              "* %?
>
> So that cannot be changed, do I understand correctly.

It might be changed. Currently, we mimic the behavior of
org-yank-subtree, so that we always insert captured entry under the
correct level regardless of the capture target. For example, when you
use OLP, the level will be adjusted.

May you please explain more why you need to use level 2 heading specifically?

> What command/variable could org-mode force to have always an UUID in the
> ID property?

`org-id-method' I think.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,