Re: Async Python src block behavior with :dir header property

From: Bruno Barbier
Subject: Re: Async Python src block behavior with :dir header property
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 18:46:35 +0100

> Jack Kamm <jackkamm@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On executing any python session block I am getting the following error
>> which I think is caused by the above:
>>
>>   Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable buffer-name)
>
> That's a mystery.

It looks like 'when-let*' doesn't accept symbols without values; it
needs real bindings.  The form `let*' assigns nil when there are no
values, but, with `when-let*', assigning nil would make the whole
`when-let' fails.

Here is the expansion when using a symbol without a value, which
explains both the void-variable error and the compiler message:

   #+begin_src elisp :results scalar
     (macroexpand-all '(when-let* (new-var) 7))
   #+end_src

   #+RESULTS:
   : (let* ((new-var (and t new-var))) (if new-var 7))

Bruno