Re: [BUG] Invalid capture datetree capture templates (newly introduced)

From: Tommy Kelly
Subject: Re: [BUG] Invalid capture datetree capture templates (newly introduced) [9.7-pre (release_9.6.18-1145-g10d286 @ /home/jds6696/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 13:29:35 -0600

Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:
> Are you sure that what you describe is newly introduced?
> I'd expect this exact behavior since forever, judging from how
> `org-datetree--find-create' is implemented.

No, I'm not sure. In fact, now you mention it, what you're suggesting
probably is the case. This is the first time I've tried using more
than one datetree in the same file, so I wouldn't before have noticed
the behavior I describe.

That said, had I noticed it in the past, I would have been inclined to
flag it as an issue. At very least it makes the documentation
incorrect, but in fact I'd say that the documentation is fine and the
behavior is wrong.

Nevertheless, it's not connected with the issue you already fixed
(https://list.orgmode.org/878r3xfm90.fsf@localhost/T/#t) so that
should remain closed.

thx.