Re: [patch] ox.latex.el: Add missing character warnings

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [patch] ox.latex.el: Add missing character warnings
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 14:29:16 +0000

Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> writes:

>> I did
>
> I have done the same, on a clean Emacs init. Warning appears.
>
> And in *Messages*:
>
> PDF file produced with warnings: [unicode character(s) not set up for use
> with pdflatex. You can run lualatex or xelatex instead]
>
> In *Org PDF LaTeX Output*:
>
> ! LaTeX Error: Unicode character 你 (U+4F60)
>                not set up for use with LaTeX.
>
> (this error is the one that passes as a warning in my patch when
> compiled with pdfLaTeX).

Probably something to do with my Texlive technically having Chinese
support.

I am getting

! Package inputenc Error: Unicode character 你 (U+4F60)
(inputenc)                not set up for use with LaTeX.

See the inputenc package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.28 Hello. 你
               好.

! Package inputenc Error: Unicode character 好 (U+597D)

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,