Re: Retaking AUTO for \usepackage{fontenc}

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Retaking AUTO for \usepackage{fontenc}
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 17:22:19 +0000

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez writes:

> neither do I, This is why I'm asking for people to tell me what they
> use ;-)

The babel ini files (why hadn't I thought of this before :-): look in the babel
ini files:

<your-texmf-dist-root>/tex/generic/babel/locale/

There you have all the information by language. For example, in
babel-fr.ini:

8<--------------------------------------------------------------

; This file is part of babel. For further details see:
;   https://www.ctan.org/pkg/babel
; Data has been collected mainly from the following sources:
; * babel language styles (license LPPL):
;   https://www.ctan.org/pkg/babel-contrib
; * Common Locale Data Repository (license Unicode):
;   http://cldr.unicode.org/
;   http://unicode.org/copyright.html

[identification]
charset = utf8
version = 0.981
date = 2022-05-14
name.local = français
name.english = French
name.babel = french
name.polyglossia = french
tag.bcp47 = fr
language.tag.bcp47 = fr
tag.bcp47.likely = fr-Latn-FR
tag.opentype = FRA
script.name = Latin
script.tag.bcp47 = Latn
script.tag.opentype = latn
level = 1
derivate = no

--

Juan Manuel Macías -- Composición tipográfica, tratamiento de datos, diseño
editorial y ortotipografía