Re: Retaking AUTO for \usepackage{fontenc}

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Retaking AUTO for \usepackage{fontenc}
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 22:03:06 +0000

Ihor Radchenko writes:

> Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez writes:
>>
>>> neither do I, This is why I'm asking for people to tell me what they
>>> use ;-)
>>
>> The babel ini files (why hadn't I thought of this before :-): look in the
>> babel ini files:
>
> May it be that babel automatically loads fontenc with appropriate parameters?

AFAIK, I'm afraid it's not possible. What is possible is to be able to
select a language in the middle of the document, without declaring it
before. But you need to load fontenc and the appropriate fontencodings.
According to the babel manual (p. 8), this functionality is only limited
to Latin, Cyrillic, Greek, Arabic, Hebrew, Cherokee, Armenian, and
Georgian.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel

--
Juan Manuel Macías -- Composición tipográfica, tratamiento de datos, diseño
editorial y ortotipografía